You Should Bet on Mick
I guess its Ozzie Time on the World Surfing Tour. There are three title contenders left while the tour rolls into Brazil and Imbituba for the the second to last event on the tour – Mick Fanning (AUS), Kelly Slater (AUS) and Taj Burrow (AUS). 66% percent chance that the winner will be from Australia :). Even more so if you take a look at what needs to be done by Taj or Kelly to push Mick from the top position:
- If Mick Fanning wins in Brazil he clinches the World Title.
- If Fanning gets 2nd, Taj Burrow needs to win the event and Kelly Slater is out of the race.
- If Fanning gets 3rd, Burrow needs a 2nd and Slater is out of the race.
- If Fanning gets 5th, Burrow needs a 3rd and Slater needs a 1st.
- If Fanning gets 9th, Burrow needs a 5th and Slater needs a 2nd.
- If Fanning gets 17th, Burrow needs a 9th and Slater needs a 3rd.
- If Fanning gets 33rd, Burrow needs a 9th and Slater needs a 3rd.
Mick Fanning Blah Blah
“This year has been great,” ratings leader Fanning said. “I’ve had a lot of really good results and it’s coming down to the end the now. Kelly and Taj are still there – it’s great for the tour.”
“Kelly and Andy have dominated to sport for so long, they have 11 world titles between them,” Fanning said. “To beat them both in the same year would be fun.”
Well, it’s great to see that the title battle is still on, but our money is on Mick Fanning. Though it would be interesting to be wrong.