Published on November 5th, 2006 | by K3
HOW TO PUT ON A WETSUIT
If you never wore a wetsuit and you are wondering how to put on a wetsuit you are at the right place. Read this!
Wetsuit – human installation guide 1.0
HOW TO PUT ON A WETSUIT?
How to put on a wetsuit? Funny? Not as funny as watching your buddy trying to put on his first zipperless wetsuit. So how to put on a wetsuit ?
- Make sure the wetsuit is not turned inside out and that the zipper is in the back
- extend your feet and slide your legs, one at the time into the wetsuit
- pull the wetsuit all the way up to your waist and make sure the wetsuit knee is on your knee and that wetsuit crotch is on your crotch etc
- pull the wetsuit up and put one of your arms into a sleeve
- make sure your arm is all the way in and the armpit and shoulder of the wetsuit are on your armpit and shoulder, that makes puting your other arm in easier
- put you other arm into the wetsuit sleeve
- straighten and pull the neoprene so it is all in right place
- straighten the flap under the zipper
- grab the cord that is attached to the zipper slider and pull it over your shoulder to zip up your wetsuit
- close the neck panel with velcro. Thats it!
It takes some time to get used to how to put on a wetsuit. At the end, when trying a new wetsuit, just make sure all parts of wetsuit are in place, otherwise you can have excess neoprene in some parts in to tight feeling in the others and you end up thinking your wetsuit is to small or to big, but you are just not wearing it right.
You can also check out this guide on how to put on a wetsuit.